Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

28 February 2013

1909 – Queen’s Theatre, Pearse St., Dublin

Architect: R.J. Stirling Now demolished, but built as a variety theatre in 1844, rebuilt in 1909, and later used by the Abbey Players after the Abbey Theatre was destroyed in a fire in...

08 April 2010

1909 – St Bricin’s Military Hospital, Arbour Hill, Dublin

Architect: Harry Meadows Founded as the George V Hospital and designed by the Royal Engineers of the British Army, St Brican’s is still in use as a military hospital by the Irish Army....

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...

28 January 2010

1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main...

22 April 2007

1910 – Former Williams & Woods Warehouse, Kings Inns Street, Dublin

Architect: A large concrete frame warehouse with a overscaled cornice and rustication. Original signage on an angled corner facing down towards Parnell Street. Originally a warehouse for a sweet manufacturer, and recently used...

07 April 2010

1910 – Parnell Monument, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Henry Bacon, G.P. Sheridan, Augustus Saint Gaudens A long drawn out project, the Parnell Monument was designed by Dublin-born American sculptor Augustus Saint Gaudens with the assistance of two architects – Henry...

23 March 2013

1910 – Woolworth’s, Grafton St., Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb The first F. W. Woolworth store in Ireland opened in 1914 on Grafton Street in Dublin. Eventually spread over three adjacent commercial units. The southernmost was No.101, a solid...

01 April 2010

1911 – Former Todd Burns, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Like the larger store (now Pennys) across the street, this attractive piece of commercial architecture was built for Todd Burns. Now a facade to a shopping centre.