Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

14 October 2015

1905 – St. Columba’s Church, Iona Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman Sadly uncompleted, the tower being capped at the second stage, below the apex of the roof of the nave. The interior is largely intact, as constructed, with marble reredos...

01 April 2010

1905 – Todd Burn’s Department Store, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Built as Todd Burn’s department store, this is a fantastically decorative building with dome which acted as a counterbalance to the tower of Arnotts. Glorious red brick with terracotta details,...

06 January 2016

1906 – ‘Fintragh’, Shrewsbury Road, Donnybrook, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A large detached Edwardian house, boasting eight bedrooms. It contains many late-Victorian and Edwardian decorative features including stained leaded glass on doorways, ornate plasterwork, brass fingerplates on panelled mahogany doors....

11 March 2010

1906 – Design for Royal College of Science, Dublin

Architect: Aston Webb Original design for the construction of a Royal College of Science & Government Office on Merrion Street in Dublin. Although the building was constructed, and still stands today, the design...

11 February 2010

1906 – Former Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Designed by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy as one of a series of fire stations around the city. The others included Thomas Street, Dorset Street, & Buckingham Street. None are...

05 February 2010

1906 – No.40 Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: William F. Higginbotham Striking former warehouse building designed as a sales and auction house now in use as the Winding Stair bookshop and cafe. The scale of the building is much larger...

18 February 2010

1906 – Nos. 48-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A very fine commercial building with ornate shopfront intact as well a nice window details on the upper stories. Notice, the graduation from flatheaded window to round-headed window as you...

17 February 2010

1906 – RIAC, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Built in 1906 with further extension work in 1911 by the same architects.

22 March 2012

1907 – Bank of Ireland, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.