Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

17 February 2010

1914 – National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler The National Concert Hall is built on part of the Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) in which the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 was held. After the exhibitions, the...

01 May 2012

1914 – Phibsborough Picture House, North Circular Rd, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Closed in 1953, to be demolished to allow a new cinema to be constructed on the site. The Phibsborough Picture House had a capacity by that time of over 600...

11 July 2013

1915 – Coliseum Theatre, Henry St., Dublin

Architect: Bertie Crewe & Francis Bergin This theatre was opened in April 1915 and destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Shown here, in a photograph from the Capuchin Archive after its destruction. Also...

28 January 2010

1915 – Former Schoolhouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Board of Public Works Typical design for 19th century schools across Ireland, this one at Howth is now in use as offices.

11 February 2010

1915 – Garda Station, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: A. Robinson, M.J. Burke, H.G. Leask Designed for the Dublin Metropolitan Police (DMP) and now the main Garda Station for the south city, Pearse Street Station is a large building in the...

11 March 2011

1915 – No.31 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Existing building adapted in 1915 by O’Connor by remodelling the ground and first floor facade to provide a new commercial unit.

11 March 2011

1915 – Nos. 148-149 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Commercial building with two shop units, unfortunate shop fronts.

09 July 2010

1915 – Revenue Commissioners, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works / H.G. Leask The former Labour Exhange on Lord Edward Street is a little-known example of civic architecture of the early 20th century, built by the Office of...

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...