Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

12 May 2015

1914 – C.R. Ashbee’s plans for Dublin

Architect: C.R. Ashbee & G.H. Chettle Plans entered in the Dublin Town Planning Competition of 1914. Highly recommended but the competition was won by Patrick Abercrombie. Conceptualised before the events of 1916 which...

23 April 2012

1914 – Former Broadway Cinema, Manor Street, Dublin

Architect: Opened in 1914, the cinema sat 630 people and was originally known as the Manor Cinema. Later, it was known as the Palladium, and then finally the Broadway Manor Street Cinema. A...

17 February 2010

1914 – National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler The National Concert Hall is built on part of the Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) in which the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 was held. After the exhibitions, the...

01 May 2012

1914 – Phibsborough Picture House, North Circular Rd, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Closed in 1953, to be demolished to allow a new cinema to be constructed on the site. The Phibsborough Picture House had a capacity by that time of over 600...

11 July 2013

1915 – Coliseum Theatre, Henry St., Dublin

Architect: Bertie Crewe & Francis Bergin This theatre was opened in April 1915 and destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Shown here, in a photograph from the Capuchin Archive after its destruction. Also...

28 January 2010

1915 – Former Schoolhouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Board of Public Works Typical design for 19th century schools across Ireland, this one at Howth is now in use as offices.

11 February 2010

1915 – Garda Station, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: A. Robinson, M.J. Burke, H.G. Leask Designed for the Dublin Metropolitan Police (DMP) and now the main Garda Station for the south city, Pearse Street Station is a large building in the...

11 March 2011

1915 – No.31 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Existing building adapted in 1915 by O’Connor by remodelling the ground and first floor facade to provide a new commercial unit.

11 March 2011

1915 – Nos. 148-149 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Commercial building with two shop units, unfortunate shop fronts.