Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...

10 February 2010

1915 – Vocational Education College, Bull Alley, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Reid The most dominant building on Bull Alley is the Vocational Education College (VEC) designed in a Flemish Renaissance style by L.A. McDonnell. Easily the best site in the Iveagh...

19 February 2010

1916 – Bridge building, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Former bank and office building on the bank of the Grand Canal. Most noticeable for the large windows on all floors and the gable chimney which appears to be supported...

05 December 2014

1916 – Fr. Mathew Square, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Housing scheme for Dublin Corporation by the City Architect on site bounded by Church St, Beresford St, Mary’s La & N King St consisting of 4-roomed houses, 3-roomed houses and...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

08 April 2010

1917 – Manfield Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks On the corner of O’Connell Street and Middle Abbey Street, Manfield Chambers is a commercial premises with a branch of Clarks on the ground level and various offices above....

07 April 2010

1917 – No.3 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Supposedly built with girders salvaged from the wreck of the GPO, No.3 is part of a cohesive terrace of red brick buildings with a continuous cornice. Notable for its large...

08 April 2010

1917 – The Oval, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: L.A. McDonnell A well known Dublin bar, the Oval has been refurbished inside, but the exterior remains intact. An unusual façade at street level is topped by a two storey bay window....

08 April 2010

1919 – Easons, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: T.J. Ruthven Destroyed in the 1916 Rising, this is the Abbey Street façade of their O’Connell Street store. An austere stone finish with shallow relief decoration masks a steel structure.