Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

17 August 2013

1919 – No. 13 O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built after the previous branch of the Hibernian Bank was destroyed in the fighting during the 1916 Easter Rising. The previous building was by O’Neill & Byrne and was...

19 February 2010

1919 – Permanent TSB Bank, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: Fuller & Jermyn Fine ornate bank at the start to the largely Victorian streetscape of Upper Baggot Street. Constructed as a public house. Originally two different buildings, the building has good quality...

08 April 2010

1920 – Abbey Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

A fine commercial premises with good quality glazed terracotta fa├žade (damaged at street level) which has received an Elizabethan stylistic treatment.

21 February 2010

1920 – Automobile Association, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor The offices of the Automobile Association are contained within this ornate office building from the early part of the 20th century.

20 March 2014

1920 – Capitol Theatre, Princes Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara The Capitol Theatre, located just off O’Connell Street, Dublin, began life on 10 August 1920 as the La Scala Theatre and Opera House. Constructed on the former site of Freeman’s...

07 April 2010

1920 – Clery’s Department Store, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman A Dublin landmark – opposite the General Post Office on O’Connell Street, Clery’s has for generations being a Dublin and indeed Irish tradition – meeting under the clock being...

04 February 2010

1920 – Former Screen Cinema, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara / Jones & Kelly Originally rebuilt after the 1916 destruction of this part of Dublin, as the Corinthian Cinema, photographs from the 1950s show it encased in neon. It was...

10 October 2013

1920s – Phoenix Park Racecourse, Dublin

Phoenix Park Racecourse was located on the northern edge of the Phoenix Park in Dublin. Founded by J.H.H. Peard, racing began here in 1902, closed for racing in late 1990. The racecourse had...

04 February 2010

1921 – Former Astor Cinema, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: Frederick W. Higginbotham Replacing two buildings destroyed in the 1916 Rising, Nos. 7-8 Eden Quay was re-constructed as a ballroom and commercial premises. It was later converted into the Astor Cinema. Closed...