Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

18 February 2010

1929 – Former Bank, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Jermyn Former bank building, now converted into a bar. Constructed in 1929 for the National Bank. Jermyn was principal assistant to J.F. Fuller before going into partnership with him in 1916,...

26 April 2010

1929 – Former Grand Cinema, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons Former cinema, now missing most of its auditorium after the rear half of the building was demolished. The former balcony level still exists as a private screening cinema, after...

19 February 2010

1929 – Kiosk, Leeson Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Moynihan Formerly a Tea Room and Toilets block with Kiosk shop – only the Kiosk is still in operation. This little building has some fine brickwork and a decorative Dublin coat-of-arms...

06 May 2013

1929 – Our Lady of the Wayside Church, Kilternan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy Designed by Arnold Francis Hendy of Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy and constructed in timber. A simple chapel, the interior has a curved vaulted ceiling with two rows of...

20 January 2010

1929 – Pembroke Library, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Architect: Arnold F. Hendy A graceful little library with a rather unfortunate porch attached. This small brick library just off Merrion Road and surrounded by RDS property has an interesting central bay. This...

07 April 2010

1929 – Savoy Cinema, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: F.C. Mitchell Designed in the same stripped Classical style as the adjacent Gresham Hotel and Hammam Chambers, the Savoy was once one of the great “atmospherics” – the massive interior decorated on...

03 May 2008

1930 – Dunlop Building, Stephen St., Dublin

A fine building on a gently curving site with Art Deco detailing added as offices to existing factory. The single bay building with bay window marks the entrance to the main factory, which...

17 February 2010

1930 – Former Burton’s Store, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Harry Wilson The former Burton’s Store on the corner of Dame and South Great George’s Streets is one of the most expressive and exciting facades in the city. Built between 1928 and...

02 February 2010

1930 – Islandbridge War Memorial, Dublin

Architect: Sir Edwin Lutyens Designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, the Irish National War Memorial commemorates the estimated 49,000 Irishmen – all volunteers who died and the estimated 300,000 who fought in the British...