Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

19 July 2008

1930 – Kodak House, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Donnelly Moore & Keatinge Kodak House is one of two listed art Deco buildings in Dublin. Designed by Donnelly, Moore and Keatinge, completed in 1930, with later modifications by William Sedgewick Keatinge...

01 April 2010

1931 – Former Jervis Hospital Nurses School, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Now containing shops and part of the Jervis Centre, this originally was part of the larger hospital complex, and in use as a training facility for nurses.

19 February 2010

1931 – No.52 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe An unusual corner building at the top of Grafton Street complete with modern interpretation of the corner towers used on many Dublin corners. Known as Noblett’s Sweet Shop for many...

09 April 2010

1931 – St. Thomas Church of Ireland, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks The original church of this parish stood on Marlborough Street but was destroyed like much of the area in fighting during the Civil War of 1922. During the reconstruction,...

02 February 2010

1932 – DUTC Powerhouse, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: Vincent Kelly Former power station for the Dublin United Tramways Company. Plasterer: M. Creedon.

03 October 2013

1932 – Eucharistic Conference, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: John J. Robinson The 31st International Eucharistic Congress, held in Dublin 22–26 June 1932, was one of the largest eucharistic congresses of the 20th century. The final public mass of the congress...

07 April 2010

1932 – Former Carlton Cinema, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe One of Dublin’s finest Art Deco facades, the former Carlton Cinema has been closed for over a decade and is not awaiting demolition. A proposal to move the facade is...

26 November 2013

1932 – Pissoir, Upper Ormond Quay, Dublin

One the French style pissoirs imported prior to the 1932 Dublin Eucharistic Congress as part of a ‘clean up Dublin’ campaign. Removed sometime during the 1970s. Supposedly sold by Dublin Corporation to a...

30 June 2010

1933 – Bank of Ireland, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Sited at Terenure crossroads, this bank branch has strong Arts and Crafts detailing, notably the stonework around the entrances. This is unusual for Ireland as bank branches were traditionally...