Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

08 April 2010

1924 – Independent House, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Robert Donnelly The former headquarters of the Independent Group of newspapers who publish three of Ireland’s most popular titles: The Irish Independent; The Sunday Independent; and the Evening Herald. It is an...

07 April 2010

1924 – No. 57 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: H.V. Millar No. 57 (right hand building in photograph) was rebuilt in 1922 as a chemist shop for A. & R. Thwaites, whose name can still be seen incised on the granite...

26 April 2010

1925 – Marino Mart, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: Donnelly Moore & Keatinge Suburban mix of shops, commercial space and living accommodation constructed along two streets, turning a corner with an angled range. All the buildings are mansard roofed with the...

26 April 2010

1925 – Former DUTC Depot, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick F. O’Sullivan Former depot belonging to the Dublin United Tramways Company and now in use by Dublin Bus.

02 February 2010

1925 – Former Regal Cinema, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Like many Dublin suburbs, Ringsend had its own cinema. Unfortunately like many, it closed due to declining attendences. A relatively simple facade, the minimum of architectural detail is used to...

07 April 2010

1925 – No.23 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Rebuilt in 1925 for a seeds merchant Sir J.W. Mackay whose store was destroyed during a bombardment of the nearby Gresham Hotel in the Civil War in 1922....

26 April 2012

1925 – Nos. 4-5 Trinity Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden Fine early twentieth century commerical building in brick with stone trimming.

07 April 2010

1925 – Nos. 9-11 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Plain granite finished building whose sole decorative feature is the corner to Cathedral Street and a rather clumsy balcony.

07 April 2010

1926 – Hammam Building, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie / H.G. Leask Part of the post-1916 rebuilding of this part of O’Connell Street, quite an austere facade with some nice detailing. Named after the Hammam Family Hotel and...