Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

27 January 2010

1890 – Bank of Ireland, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Imposing 19th century bank built in red sandstone, brick and terracotta mouldings. The ground floor with its large round-headed windows and doorways gives the impression of a recessed arcade due to the deep-set...

19 February 2010

1890 – St Michael’s Church (Synod Hall), Christchurch Place, Dublin

Architect: George Edmund Street St Michael’s Church dating from the 12th Century is embedded in the Synod Hall of Christ Church Cathedral. It is not commonly known that until the restoration of Christ...

23 January 2011

1890 – The Aungier House, 43 Aungier Street, Dublin

Abandoned public house on a good corner site, not too far from St Stephen’s Green. Some interesting architectural details on the street level façade. Closed up since the early to mid 1980s.

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...

11 January 2013

1890s – Brady & Sons, Terenure, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sadly missing the fine ground-floor facade, this former public house is a landmark building at Terenure crossroads.

07 January 2010

1890s – Clarke’s Bar, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A fine late 19th century building and interior. The exterior is rendered with decorative window surrounds and a fine shop front. The interior with its low counters, snugs, and drawer units from a...

23 January 2012

1890s – Coyles, 8 Aungier Street, Dublin

Excellent old shopfront, showing the separation of retail and living accomodation. Once, all Dublin shopfronts were of these quality. Now wrecked, the building above it derelict. The building probably dates from the 1720s,...

27 February 2014

1890s – Denmark House, Little Denmark St., Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons Like the building, the street is now gone, demolished in 1976 to make way like some other laneways for the Ilac Shopping Centre. An early steel-frame commercial building...

19 July 2009

1890s – Post Office, 5 Usher’s Quay, Dublin

Fine post office facade on otherwise plain facade. Nice “Irish” style lettering in the signage.


Skip to toolbar