Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

06 January 2010

1902 – The Century Bar, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A rare Art Nouveau public house still well maintained. Perhaps designed by a Belfast firm, it was built by a Terence McDonald whose initials form the centrepiece of the bar. The delightful turret...

16 February 2010

1903 – Library, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Small library building run by Dublin Corporation now completely surrounded by the buildings of the Institute of Technology. A simple building of orange-red coloured brick, the roof is surmounted by...

28 January 2010

1903 – Malahide Railway Station, Co. Dublin

Architect: William H. Mills Designed in a similar style to other stations on this line notably Dundalk and Drogheda, Malahide Station is a wonderful small building in polychromic brick and with an excellent...

29 March 2012

1903 – Royal Triumphal Arch, Leeson Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Batchelor Triumphal archway for the arrival of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra into Dublin in 1903. For scale, look at the pedestrian archways on the footpaths to either side. The...

06 January 2010

1903 – St. Patrick’s Church, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Duff / J.J. McCarthy / G.C. Ashlin Designed by Thomas Duff on the model of King’s College Chapel, Cambridge. As at Armagh Cathedral, Duff died before completion and the interior was...

04 March 2013

1903 – St. Paul’s School, Herbert Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: J.F. Fuller School for the Church of Ireland, now demolished and a surface carpark.

23 October 2012

1903 – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Pavilion and pleasure grounds incorporating concert hall, sun lounge, and tea rooms. Originally constructed in 1904, but rebuilt in 1916 after a fire the previous year. Later pulled down...

27 March 2012

1904 – Abbey Theatre, Dublin

Architect: Joseph Holloway The Abbey first opened its doors to the public on 27 December 1904 in the former Mechanics’ Hall, also known as the Hibernian Theatre of Varieties. Prior to opening as...

17 February 2010

1904 – Former Bank, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn Fabulous over-the-top facade with polished marble columns spanning two floors over a heavy sandstone ground floor. Constructed for the Royal Bank of Ireland.


Skip to toolbar