Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

02 February 2010

1904 – Former School, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller In use for many years as a gospel hall, the congregation moved here from the more elaborate Merrion Hall in the city centre. Formerly the St. Matthew’s National Schools, built...

19 February 2010

1904 – Fusilier’s Arch, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A war memorial to the dead of the Dublin Fusiliers, this is regarded as the main entrance to the park of Stephen’s Green. The names of the dead are...

10 February 2010

1904 – Iveagh Trust Housing, Patrick Street, Dublin

Architect: Joseph & Smithem This was the single largest piece of urban renewal in Edwardian Dublin, and was commissioned by the Earl of Iveagh to clean up the slums that surrounded St Patrick’s...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. Originally Mrs. Knox intended “to build a home for...

27 January 2010

1904 – Methodist Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George F. Beckett In a town of spires and towers, this small Methodist Church on Northumberland Avenue has neither. A simple gothic revival design with interesting massing of entrances in relation to...

26 January 2010

1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Large and relatively uninteresting Gothic revival church started in 1904 but later extended in 1952, leaving the altar in the centre of the long nave, and two main entrance fronts....

21 February 2010

1904 – Storehouse, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: A.H. Hignett / RKD Architects Now known as the Storehouse (the Guinness Visitor Centre), for many years this building was under threat of demolition, lying empty and disused. Ironically, only the cost...

19 February 2010

1905 – Avalon Hostel, Aungier Street, Dublin

Architect: Henderson & Murray Built as the Carmichael School of Medicine in two phases. The original block to the rear dates from 1879 by C.G. Henderson. The more elaborate front section with its...

01 February 2010

1905 – Canon O’Hanlon Memorial National School, Sandymount, Dublin

When Canon O’Hanlon died in 1905 after 25 years as Parish priest, three new rooms were built and the school was re-named the Canon O’Hanlon Memorial School. These rooms now form the school...


Skip to toolbar