Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

06 January 2010

1906 – Market House, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Unusual market house from the early twentieth century in a curious hybrid of styles. Shown prior to its conversion to a library by deBlacam & Meagher Architects.

05 February 2010

1906 – No.40 Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: William F. Higginbotham Striking former warehouse building designed as a sales and auction house now in use as the Winding Stair bookshop and cafe. The scale of the building is much larger...

18 February 2010

1906 – Nos. 48-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A very fine commercial building with ornate shopfront intact as well a nice window details on the upper stories. Notice, the graduation from flatheaded window to round-headed window as you...

17 February 2010

1906 – RIAC, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Built in 1906 with further extension work in 1911 by the same architects.

06 March 2013

1906 – St. Matthew’s Church, Ballymahon, Co. Longford

Architect: T.F. McNamara Designed by T.F. McNamara of Hague & McNamara, with the foundation stone laid in 1903. A cruciform plan with attached tower and spire. The interior has stained glass by Mayer...

19 March 2014

1906 – Suir Railway Bridge, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker Dismantled railway bridge crossing the Suir outside Waterford, between counties Waterford and Kilkenny. Built in 1906 on the Mallow/Waterford line with 9 spans, for a total 1205 ft in...

31 December 2009

1906 – Templetown Church, Co. Wexford

Architect: Michael Power Templetown has received its name from the Kinights Templar, a brotherhood of monastic warriors originating during the crusades in the Holy Land. When the Anglo-Normans under Strongbow added Ireland to...

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

22 March 2012

1907 – Former Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.