Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

17 February 2010

1907 – No.113 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son With a construction period overlapping its neighbour at No.112, it’s easy to think that there was some contact between the two offices in terms of materials and decorative...

09 June 2010

1907 – South Hailing Station, Britain Quay, Dublin

Smaller but similar to other towers near Alexandra Basin in the north docks, this little structure stood on the corner of the main Liffey waterway and the entrance to Grand Canal Docks. The...

05 June 2012

1907 – Warehouses, Sheriff Street, Dublin

Range of warehouses for the Merchants Warehousing Co. on Sheriff Street. Now demolished.

19 February 2010

1908 – Facade of Presbyterian Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy Although the architect of the building is unknown, it is known that the dramatic fa├žade was designed by H.J. Lundy in 1908. Unfortunately that is all that remains of this...

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

03 May 2009

1908 – Nos. 16-17 Halston St., Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Offices, originally built for Carton Bros., poultry, game, egg, butter and cheese agents.

21 February 2010

1908 – O’Neill’s Bar, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Sheridan One of Dublin’s landmark public houses, O’Neill’s is sited on the narrow side Church Street and the more important Suffolk Street opposite St Andrews church. An ebullient Victorian structure with...

23 March 2011

1908 – Queen Victoria Statue, Leinster House, Dublin

Sculptor John Hughes Architect Thomas Manly Deane A sculptural ensemble dedicated to the memory of the recently deceased Queen Victoria. The queen sat atop the monument, a massive 15th foot tall; lower down...

26 April 2013

1908 – St. Agatha’s, North William St., Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son The foundation stone of the church was laid on Sunday April 25th 1880 and the church was finally completed and blessed by the Archbishop of Dublin William Joseph...