Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

07 March 2013

1913 – Church of Christ the Redeemer, Myshall, Co. Carlow

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Also known as the Adelaide Memorial Church. Built as a memorial to Constance Duguid, an englishwoman who was engaged to be married to a member of a local landowning family....

17 September 2009

1913 – Dublin Municipal Offices Competition

Architect: McDonnell & Reid, Frederick G. Hicks, O’Callaghan & Webb The placed entries in a competition to design new offices for the then Dublin Corporation on Lord Edward Street, close to City Hall....

26 January 2010

1913 – Former Courthouse, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Un-assuming little building built as the Court of Petty Sessions – public entrance at one end, and a room for the judge behind the bench.

28 March 2015

1913 – House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper Domestic house by English architect William Whymper, one of two buildings in Foxrock that he designed. His other local commission was the clubhouse at Foxrock Golf Club. It is unclear...

09 June 2010

1913 – Jesuit Residence UCD, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Probably the strangest 20th Century building in Dublin and definitely the last hurrah of Victorian Gothic for a religious based institution, this little known building is tucked away on Hatch...

07 April 2010

1913 – No. 62 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke With its giant Ionic order, this former theatre (the Pillar Picture House) is now sadly in use as a fast food restaurant. The ground level has been clumsily altered, but...

08 April 2010

1913 – Salvation Army, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Oswald Archer An unusual small building with elaborate gable and very small windows which are made to look smaller by the clumsy overscaled doorway.

12 May 2015

1914 – C.R. Ashbee’s plans for Dublin

Architect: C.R. Ashbee & G.H. Chettle Plans entered in the Dublin Town Planning Competition of 1914. Highly recommended but the competition was won by Patrick Abercrombie. Conceptualised before the events of 1916 which...

23 April 2012

1914 – Former Broadway Cinema, Manor Street, Dublin

Architect: Opened in 1914, the cinema sat 630 people and was originally known as the Manor Cinema. Later, it was known as the Palladium, and then finally the Broadway Manor Street Cinema. A...