Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

17 August 2013

1919 – No. 13 O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built after the previous branch of the Hibernian Bank was destroyed in the fighting during the 1916 Easter Rising. The previous building was by O’Neill & Byrne and was...

19 February 2010

1919 – Permanent TSB Bank, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: Fuller & Jermyn Fine ornate bank at the start to the largely Victorian streetscape of Upper Baggot Street. Constructed as a public house. Originally two different buildings, the building has good quality...

27 July 2015

1919 – Post 1916 Reconstruction of O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architectural elevations for the reconstruction of O’Connell Street in 1919 after the almost complete destruction of the part of the street from the Pillar to the bridge. Contrasting the new buildings as designed...

08 April 2010

1920 – Abbey Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

A fine commercial premises with good quality glazed terracotta fa├žade (damaged at street level) which has received an Elizabethan stylistic treatment.

21 February 2010

1920 – Automobile Association, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor The offices of the Automobile Association are contained within this ornate office building from the early part of the 20th century.

20 March 2014

1920 – Capitol Theatre, Princes Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara The Capitol Theatre, located just off O’Connell Street, Dublin, began life on 10 August 1920 as the La Scala Theatre and Opera House. Constructed on the former site of Freeman’s...

07 April 2010

1920 – Clery’s Department Store, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman A Dublin landmark – opposite the General Post Office on O’Connell Street, Clery’s has for generations being a Dublin and indeed Irish tradition – meeting under the clock being...

04 February 2010

1920 – Former Screen Cinema, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara / Jones & Kelly Originally rebuilt after the 1916 destruction of this part of Dublin, as the Corinthian Cinema, photographs from the 1950s show it encased in neon. It was...

10 October 2013

1920s – Phoenix Park Racecourse, Dublin

Phoenix Park Racecourse was located on the northern edge of the Phoenix Park in Dublin. Founded by J.H.H. Peard, racing began here in 1902, closed for racing in late 1990. The racecourse had...


Skip to toolbar