Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

10 February 2010

1923 – AIB, South Richmond Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks Bank dating from the early twentieth century constructed in a restrained classical style for the Provincial Bank.

01 February 2013

1923 – Cenotaph, Leinster House, Dublin

Sculptor: George Atkinson Former monument on Leinster Lawn, commemorating three of the founding figures of Irish independence, Arthur Griffith, Michael Collins and Kevin O’Higgins. Atkinson was headmaster of the Dublin Metropolitan School of...

11 May 2015

1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Hepworth & Rayson Former cigarette factory for John Player Ltd., designed by an English architectural partnership of Hepworth & Rayson. Later extended by Ashworth & Smith.

22 April 2012

1923 – Lyric Cinema, James Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden & George L. O’Connor Image courtesy Irish Architectural Archive. Munden and Purcell collection, ref no. 85/141.60/2. Former cinema, long darkened, later in use as part of a commercial premises....

06 February 2014

1923 – No. 33-34 Westmoreland St., Dublin

Architect: John Henry Lyons Formerly Hyam’s Building. Hyam’s were a mens outfitters / tailors who also had a store in Edinburgh which went into bankruptcy in 1934. Destroyed when the Educational Building Society...

21 October 2014

1923 – Proposed Reconstruction of Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke The rebuilding of Lower Sackville Street was almost complete after the destruction of 1916 when civil war broke out in 1922. The north-eastern side of the street, from Cathedral...

08 April 2010

1924 – Independent House, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Robert Donnelly The former headquarters of the Independent Group of newspapers who publish three of Ireland’s most popular titles: The Irish Independent; The Sunday Independent; and the Evening Herald. It is an...

07 April 2010

1924 – No. 57 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: H.V. Millar No. 57 (right hand building in photograph) was rebuilt in 1922 as a chemist shop for A. & R. Thwaites, whose name can still be seen incised on the granite...

26 April 2010

1925 – Marino Mart, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: Donnelly Moore & Keatinge Suburban mix of shops, commercial space and living accommodation constructed along two streets, turning a corner with an angled range. All the buildings are mansard roofed with the...


Skip to toolbar