Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

10 February 2010

1935 – Nos. 35-36 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Arnold F. Hendy Built as the Pearl Life Assurance building, it was gutted and merged into one large development in the late 1990s. This meant the demolition of the interiors of half...

10 February 2010

1935 – Nos.1-3 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes On an important corner site adjoining the Bank of Ireland in College Green, this office building is curiously un-noticeable. With its brickwork and stone trimmings, the building seems modern...

15 December 2011

1935 – Theatre Royal, Hawkins St., Dublin

Architect: Leslie Norton The third Theatre Royal opened on September 23, 1935 in Hawkins Street. Designed by English architect Leslie Norton in conjunction with Dublin firm Scott & Good. It was a large...

07 January 2010

1936 – College of Further Education, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built as Drogheda Technical School and now the College of Further Education, this is a fine example of the early Modern Movement in Ireland. The entrance to the school...

17 October 2013

1936 – Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Jones & Kelly Original pages from Irish Homes brochure circa 1936 of house designs available to purchase in the Mount Merrion development.

12 January 2015

1936 – Rialto Cinema, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Frederick James Macaulay Opened in November 1936 and closed in 1970. A large auditorium designed to seat 1600, meant that it was usable as a car showroom, a function it carried out...

28 January 2010

1936 – St Patrick’s Church, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: John J. Robinson Large modern church built to replace an earlier building. The interior is very dark, sombre and not very uplifting.

26 April 2012

1936 – Technical School, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe Now with an added level, the Technical School by Robinson & Keefe has some slight Art Deco touches. The building has a lovely gradual curve following the curvature of...

02 February 2010

1936 – Thorncastle Street Flats, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: Herbert G. Simms Three large blocks along the Dodder river as it enters the Liffey at Grand Canal Docks, the end block closest to Bridge Street is the oldest and most decorative....


Skip to toolbar