Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leinster

31 December 2009

1939 – Ritz Cinema, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Michael Scott & Associates The Ritz Cinema in Athlone (1939) is attributed to Scott but was in fact designed by Bill O’Dwyer who was working and studying in the office of Michael...

02 May 2009

1940s – Hendrons, Dominick St., Dublin

Former manufacturing plant, now artist studios and light commercial space.

06 May 2015

1943 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later a part of Allied Irish Banks. McDonnell & Dixon were very much the house architects for the Munster & Leinster...

16 February 2010

1944 – Ffrench-Mullan House, Charlemont Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed and built during The Emergency (Second World War), these flats were intended to be developed along the length of Charlemont Street. However only this block was built. The flats...

21 February 2010

1948 – Guinness Power Station, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: F.P.M. Woodhouse & Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners On the northern side of James Street, lies the brewery power station, a fine and monumental mid-century industrial building.

10 June 2010

1948 – Post Office, Andrew Street, Dublin

Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on nearby Church Lane which links Andrew and Suffolk Streets to College Green. The...

22 November 2011

1949 – Aspro Factory, Dublin

Architect: Alan Hope Drawing for design of staircase and entrance foyer. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for the period 1947-1950. Demolished.

18 September 2015

1950 – Inchicore Chassis Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott & Associates In the late 1940’s Michael Scott became involved with Córas Iompair Éireann (CIE) the National Transport Company which came into being on the 1 January 1945 as a...

12 June 2010

1950s – Former Veterinary College, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architect: Two separate veterinary schools were run by UCD and TCD at the Ballsbridge site and this continued until 1977 when the two schools were merged and fully incorporated into UCD. With an...