Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wexford

09 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Assumption, Our Lady’s Island, Co. Wexford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine church with tower and spire. Lovely interior with ribbed ceiling over arches on marble columns. Aisles are also ribbed. Interior largely intact. This file is licensed under the...

17 October 2012

1867 – Courtown House, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: William Burn Courtown House, near Gorey, was the seat of the Earls of Courtown. It was significantly altered and enlarged during the 19th century, including work by William Burn. The front consisted...

31 December 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Cushinstown, Co. Wexford

Cushinstown is one of the largest parishes in County Wexford, Ireland. There are 3 churches in the parish: Rathgarogue, Cushinstown and Terrerath. The parish has a population of approximately 2500. There are a...

10 April 2013

1869 – Ballynastragh, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Largely remodeled by G.C. Ashlin in the late 1860s for local MP Sir John Esmonde, and destroyed in an arson attack in March 1923 when it belonged to his son...

19 October 2012

1869 – Church of Ireland, Bunclody, Co. Wexford

Architect: Joseph Welland / William Burges The original church was by Thomas Cooley, but little now remains of it, after the Ecclesiastical Commissioners largely rebuilt it in 1869. Then the galleries were removed,...

01 March 2013

1871 – Loftus Hall, Fethard-on-Sea, Co. Wexford

Loftus Hall is a gaunt, three-storey nine-bay mansion of 1871, with rows of plate-glass windows and a parapet. It incorporates parts of a previous, late 17th century house. The house stands near the...

31 December 2009

1874 – Church, Ballyoughter, Co. Wexford

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Small and simple gothic revival chapel by George Ashlin. Unremarkable interior post Vatican II.

19 October 2011

1880s – Convent of Mercy, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford

In 1859 the Sisters of Mercy arrived in Enniscorthy to open a Convent to meet the needs of the poor. In 1860 two rooms were procured and classes for children and adults commenced....

31 December 2009

1905 – Church of St. Mary & St. Michael, New Ross, Co. Wexford

Architect: W.G. Doolin An impressive large-scale church built by Andrew Cullen to designs prepared by Walter Glynn Doolin (1850-1902) who died before completion. Occupying an elevated position in the town previously accommodating a...


Skip to toolbar