Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cork

05 November 2009

1872 – Kilmaloda House, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Kilmaloda House, near Timoleague, was originally the residence of Sampson Beamish and his descendants. After World War II the MacCarthy-Morrogh family occupied the house. “We illustrate with present issue a...

23 September 2009

1872 – Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1866, opened in 1872, but the church was not finally completed until 1881 when the spire was finished. Built out of...

05 November 2009

1873 – Grand Hotel, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Brash

23 May 2014

1873 – Hickman Monument, Cork, Co. Cork

Architect: Samuel Murphy It has been our pleasing duty for some time past to record the great activity which prevails throughout the south of Ireland in all branches of the building trade, in...

23 September 2009

1873 – Holy Trinity Church, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Architect: William Burges Designed by William Burges after he had won the commission for St Finn Barre’s Cathedral in Cork, this little parish church was never completed. After the main body of the...

22 October 2009

1875 – Blarney House, Co. Cork

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon From The Architect, August 21, 1875: This new mansion has just been completed for Sir George C. J_ Colthttest, Bart., it is built of the light blue hammer-dressed...

23 September 2009

1875 – St Lukes, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson & William H. Hill Saint Luke’s Church of Ireland was the third church to stand on the site. Sir John Benson and William H. Hill designed the church in...

23 September 2009

1878 – Bank of Ireland, Mill Street, Co. Cork

Architect: Brett & Sons Designed as a branch of the National Bank, the is a fine small-town bank designed in a High Victorian Gothic with fine chimney stacks. The National Bank in Millstreet...

23 September 2009

1879 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: S.F. Hynes The chapel was a later addition to the Romanesque Revival complex, and was designed by S.F. Hynes. “This chapel is to be built in connection with the Convent of Mercy,...