Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cork

06 November 2009

1885 – McKenzies Building, Cork

Fine riverside Lombardo-Romanesque warehouse with a continuous glazed arcade on the upper storey over large round-headed openings. The elaborate render detail enlivens the façade of this unusual building, and enhances and articulates the...

14 October 2010

1885 – St Finbarr’s College, Farranferris, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Designed by Robert Walker for The Most Rev Dr. Delany as a Diocesan College attached to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross. A secondary school only in its...

05 November 2010

1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.

23 September 2009

1888 – New Hotel, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Architect: J.F. McMullen

26 January 2012

1889 – Crawford Municipal Schools of Science & Art, Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Perpective view published in ‘The Architect’ July 12th, 1889. Previously known as the Cork School of Art, William H. Crawford was induced to support an extension to the school in...

06 November 2009

1889 – Holy Trinity & Capuchin Monastery, Cork

Architect: George Pain / William Atkins / Dominic J. Coakley / Robert Walker This fabulous church façade took many years to realise. Originally commissioned by Fr Mathew in 1825 from George Pain, the...

13 August 2013

1890 – Competitive Design for Holy Trinity, Cork

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Competition entry to design a facade for Holy Trinity Church in Cork city. The church was started in the 1820s to designs by George Pain, with the facade and...

06 November 2009

1890 – Former Woodford Bourne Store, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Turning the important corner of Patrick Street into Grand Parade, the former store of Woodford Bourne is now a fastfood outlet. Over each window on the main shopfront can be...