Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Munster

22 January 2013

1880s – Landing Pier, Curribinney, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

09 June 2010

1881 – Carrigmahon Villas, Cork

Architect: Kearns Deane Carrigmahon Villas were built in the 1880s in the area between Glenbrook Baths and Tobin’s Quay. In 1913 one of the villas was destroyed by fire and the others were...

18 October 2012

1881 – Town Hall, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

The original town hall was built in the seventeenth century on the site of a private mansion called Hamerton Hall, owned by Richard Hamerton, a timber merchant. The building became an Inn in...

17 September 2009

1882 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Templemore, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in 1877, this fine Gothic revival church by George Ashlin is largely intact inside. As published in The Building News, October 4th 1878. pened for celebration of mass in...

20 February 2014

1882 – Design for Waterford City Markets

Architect: Walter G. Doolin As a result of an architectural competition held in 1880, Walter G. Doolin`s designs for a new markethall were adopted. The building was completed by 1882 at a cost...

12 June 2013

1883 – City Hall, Albert Quay, Cork

Cork City Hall began its life as the City’s Corn Exchange, the main frontage of which was constructed in 1843. The location was also used by two industrial exhibitions in 1852 and 1883,...

24 February 2012

1883 – Irish Industrial Exhibition, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker The Cork Industrial and Fine Art Exhibition of 1883 was visited by over 10,000 people. Amongst the main exhibitions was a popular arts hall, which was seen as a reflection...

11 November 2009

1884 – Bank of Ireland, O’Connell Street, Limerick

Architect: Millar & Symes Fine corner bank with large well-lit banking hall at ground level. The severity of the upper floors is contrasted with the large round-headed windows and gently curving entrance bay....

31 August 2012

1884 – St. Carthage’s Church, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin St Cartage’s Parish Church was officially opened in 1884, and is regarded as one of the finest examples of Lombardo-Romanesque churches in Ireland. Red sandstone, quarried locally, and white...