Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Munster

06 November 2009

1885 – McKenzies Building, Cork

Fine riverside Lombardo-Romanesque warehouse with a continuous glazed arcade on the upper storey over large round-headed openings. The elaborate render detail enlivens the fa├žade of this unusual building, and enhances and articulates the...

21 October 2012

1885 – Railway Bridge, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: S.G. Frazer The bridge was erected in 1885 as part of the Farranfore to Renard railway line which was closed in 1960. It is known locally as the Metal Bridge and is...

14 October 2010

1885 – St Finbarr’s College, Farranferris, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Designed by Robert Walker for The Most Rev Dr. Delany as a Diocesan College attached to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross. A secondary school only in its...

12 July 2013

1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary

The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in...

05 November 2010

1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.

23 September 2009

1888 – New Hotel, Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Architect: J.F. McMullen

18 October 2011

1889 – Coast Guard Station, Ballydavid, Co. Kerry

Arhitect: Robert Cochrane Standard public works arrangement for coast guard facilities around the coastline. They usually had a terrace of three or more houses with a taller house or tower to one end....

26 January 2012

1889 – Crawford Municipal Schools of Science & Art, Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Perpective view published in ‘The Architect’ July 12th, 1889. Previously known as the Cork School of Art, William H. Crawford was induced to support an extension to the school in...