Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Munster

15 October 2010

1902 – O’Connell Memorial Church, Caherciveen, Co. Kerry

Architect: G.C. Ashlin The Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church of the Holy Cross, a Gothic Revival-style Church designed by George C. Ashlin. East, West & South Elevations published in The Architects 1888. It was...

01 September 2013

1903 – Mary Immaculate College, Limerick

Architect: W.H. Byrne The College was established as a dedicated primary teacher training college in 1898 by Bishop Edward Thomas O’Dwyer, Roman Catholic Bishop of Limerick and the Sisters of Mercy. Its foundation...

12 June 2012

1904 – Fastnet Lighthouse, Co. Cork

Architect: William Douglass The second lighthouse on Fastnet Rock was designed by William Douglass and built under the supervision of James Kavanagh. Construction started in 1897 with the levelling of the site, and...

28 May 2013

1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, O’Connell Ave., Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett Not completed as designed due to the lack of money available, St. Joseph’s is clearly lacking a completed tower. Originally, it was intended to construct a fine hexastyle Corinthian...

28 May 2011

1904 – Unbuilt Design for St. Joseph’s Church, Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett Not completed as designed due to the amount of money available, Originally, it was intended to construct a fine hexastyle Corinthian portico to the front, as well as an...

08 March 2013

1905 – Carnegie Library, Anglesea Street, Cork

Architect: Henry A. Cutler Foundation stone laid by Andrew Carnegie in 1903 with the building opening in 1905. Located on Anglesea Street next to City Hall, this elegant building lasted for only 15...

06 November 2009

1905 – Oval Bar, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston Designed by the architects Houston & Houston for Beamish & Crawford for who they had designed other buildings, this corner bar has traces of Art Nouveau placed over a...

27 February 2014

1905 – Shannon Rowing Club, Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith An architectural competition held in 1902 resulted in a commission for a young English architect, William Clifford Smith to design the club. Completed in 1905 at a cost of...

09 March 2012

1905 – St. Joseph’s College, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William H. Beardwood New college buildings that were designed by the brother of the Abbot Dom Camillus Beardwood, Abbot of Mount St Joseph Abbey> Later bell tower by Jones and kelly from...

Skip to toolbar