Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Munster

13 January 2016

1906 – Curate’s House, Killodiernan, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Moynan & Gill Small residence for the curate of a rural parish in Co. Tipperary.

13 January 2016

1906 – School, Church Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Moynan & Gill Small school with adjoining teacher’s residence by Nenagh-based architecture and engineering partnership.

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

19 March 2014

1906 – Suir Railway Bridge, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker Dismantled railway bridge crossing the Suir outside Waterford, between counties Waterford and Kilkenny. Built in 1906 on the Mallow/Waterford line with 9 spans, for a total 1205 ft in...

17 March 2013

1907 – Gaelscoil, Bridge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph P. O’Malley Former Limerick city courthouse that was extended to designs by Joseph P. O’Malley in 1907 by adding a second floor to provide four new classrooms. The original building of...

06 January 2016

1907 – Unbuilt design for Church, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: William A. Scott Competition entry to design a new Roman Catholic Church for Timoleague. Exhibited at RHA.

26 January 2016

1908 – Carnegie Library & Museum, Pery Sq., Limerick

Architect: G.P. Sheridan Library funded by donation from Andrew Carnegie, and constructed after an architectural competition. Sheridan’s design was actually placed second by the assessor G.C. Ashlin. The foundation stone was laid by...

23 September 2009

1908 – Church of The Sacred Heart, Castletown Berehaven, Co. Cork

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Fine imposing building looking down Pearse Square from Patrick Street. Has changed little from old postcards yet seems strangely unloved and uncared for. Rebuilt in 1908 after a fire.