Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Munster

21 March 2013

1761 – Statue of George II, South Mall, Cork

Architect: John Van Nost the Younger Equestrian statue of George II, erected 7 July and unveiled 16 Jul 1761. Originally was situated in the centre of Tuckey’s Bridge which connected Tuckey’s Quay, now...

11 November 2009

1769 – Hunt Museum (former Custom House), Limerick

Architect: Davis Ducart The Custom House was designed by Italian architect Daviso de Arcort better known as Davis Ducart. Davis Ducart was well known in Ireland for his work in smaller country houses....

23 March 2013

1770 – Greenmount, Co. Limerick

Built in 1770, a large two storey house over basement, home of the Green family. In the 1960s the house was demolished and a large modern house built by the Earl of Harrington.

23 May 2012

1770c – Attyflin House, Patrickswell, Co. Limerick

A two storey mid 18th century house with a five bay centrak block. The two 2-bay wings are early 19th century additions. A fine Gibbsian door surround graces the main front.

06 November 2009

1770c – No. 74 South Mall, Cork

Like many of the large former residences in the area, this fine house boasts an above ground basement. This basement was used for trade, as many of the owners of these houses were...

24 February 2012

1774 – Poor House, Limerick

Architect: Rev. Deane Hoare In 1773 the Limerick county and city Grand Juries came together with a budget of 500 pounds to build a poorhouse on land donated by the local Bishop. The...

20 February 2014

1775 – Blackwater Bridge, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Thomas Ivory Commissioned by the 5th Duke of Devonshire (1748-1811) as part of improvements at Lismore, this is a graceful single span bridge over the river Blackwater. Three arches of a causeway...

22 May 2013

1776 – Tervoe House, Kilkeedy, Co. Limerick

Architect: Built in 1776 by Colonel W.T. Monsell MP on the site of an earlier house. Demolished in the 1950s. Photograph from the Irish Tourist Association Survey 1943-44.

05 November 2009

1777 – Clock Gate, Youghal, Co. Cork

Architect: William Meade This is the third gate on this site in the town walls and was completed in 1777. The tower was used as the town gaol until 1837 and prisoners were...


Skip to toolbar