Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

29 September 2009

1878 – Leslie Memorial, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Sir John Leslie Designed by Sir John Leslie in memory of his brother Charles from whom he inherited the estate.

01 October 2012

1878 – Masonic Hall, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Originally built by First and Second Bailieborough Presbyterian Churches as an institute for the education of boys in their faith. In 1903 it was acquired by the Masonic Order and it continues to...

04 December 2014

1878 – National Schools, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Published in The Irish Builder, Jan 15 1878.

17 September 2009

1878 – New Magdalen Asylum & Laundry & Proposed Convent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson

21 November 2014

1878 – Olderfleet Hotel, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close Three storey hotel constructed for sea travellers next to the harbour. The interior boasted several large reception rooms. Demolished and replaced with a public house.

04 May 2010

1878 – Point Depot, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Built in 1878 as a rail terminus for the Midland and Great Western Railway Company, its has been redeveloped as an exhibition and concert venue. These photographs show it prior to its extensive...

26 March 2014

1878 – Presbyterian Church, Ballymacarret, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A church, at Ballymacarrett on the Newtownards Road, completed in 1878 to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The graceful round tower adds vertical emphasis to what is rather...

17 September 2009

1878 – Presbytery & Industrial Schools Booterstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson In Ireland the Industrial Schools Act of 1868 established industrial schools (Irish: scoileanna saothair) to care for “neglected, orphaned and abandoned children”. In recent times these schools have become...

17 September 2009

1878 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Second placed entry to design the South City Markets on Great Georges Street. The original was badly damaged by a serious fire in 1892, the adaption was handled by...