Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

22 November 2011

1880 – House Design, Co. Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell Drawing for unidentified house in Co. Dublin by McCurdy & Mitchell.

06 October 2014

1880 – Milford House, Armagh

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Heavily remodelled and extended by Young & Mackenzie in 1880 for local mill owner Robert Garmany Mc Crum. Described as the most technologically advanced house in 19th century Ireland...

25 September 2009

1880 – Northern Bank, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close Built for the Belfast Banking Co, a fine sandstone bank building of the 19th century. Like many in Irish provincial towns it contained living accommodation for the branch manager...

20 January 2010

1880 – O’Connell Bridge, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney Originally designed and built by James Gandon, O’Connell Bridge was built in 1794-98 and named after the then Viceroy – Lord Carlisle. The original bridge had a hump and...

07 April 2010

1880 – O’Connell Monument, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Sculptor: John Henry Foley Built to commemorate the “Liberator” Daniel O’Connell (1775-1847) after whom the street was renamed after independence. The O’Connell monument was erected after a subscription list was opened in 1862....

09 June 2010

1880 – Parnell Bridge, Cork

Architect: T. Claxton Fiddler The old Anglesea Bridge, built in the 1830s, could not cope with the volume of traffic using the bridge by the 1870s. Cork Corporation decided to replace the old...

04 April 2011

1880 – Presbytery, John’s Lane West, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin The presbytery to the rear of the St. Augustine’s Church on Thomas street is a tall five storey Victorian building, that seems taller when viewed from the surrounding narrow and...

01 April 2014

1880 – Railway Station, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Coalisland railway station closed in the late 1950s and is now largely gone.

22 March 2013

1880 – Royal Exchange Assurance Co., No. 5 College Green, Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Office building in an Elizabethan Tudor style on the corner of College Green and Anglesea Street. Demolished in 1960s.


Skip to toolbar