Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

27 October 2011

1883 – O’Brien Institute, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. After...

08 April 2014

1883 – Railway Station, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Another one of William H. Mills’ characteristic polychromatic stations for the GNR – yellow brick relieved with black, brown, and purple courses. Constructed to replace an earlier LER station...

11 January 2010

1883 – Science & Art Museum, Kildare Street, Dublin

Architect: Ernest C. Lee A premiated design from the competition to design a Museum for the Royal Dublin Society on Kildare St. The winning design was produced by T.N. Deane & Son. Published...

15 January 2014

1883 – Second Placed Design for National Museum & Library, Dublin

Architect: Holme & Hornblower An unexecuted design, awarded Second Place after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). Illustrations...

08 December 2011

1883 – Unexecuted design for National Museum & Library, Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son The selected design after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). This design differs...

14 March 2014

1883 – Design for National Museum, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew One of the entries to design a new National Museum and Library around Leinster House, then belonging to the Royal Dublin Society. The results of the original architecture competition...

06 March 2014

1883 – Design for National Museum, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater An unexecuted competition design by Dublin architect G.P. Beater to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House, then part of the Royal Dublin Society. Published in The...

27 February 2011

1884 – Proposed New Chambers, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell A proposal to replace the Rubics in Trinity College with a covered bridge to the Long Room Library. In the end the Rubrics were remodelled.

11 November 2009

1884 – Bank of Ireland, O’Connell Street, Limerick

Architect: Millar & Symes Fine corner bank with large well-lit banking hall at ground level. The severity of the upper floors is contrasted with the large round-headed windows and gently curving entrance bay....