Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

11 March 2014

1882 – Teachers House, Termonbarry, Co. Longford

Architect: W.I. Chambers Tarmonbarry, officially Termonbarry is amsll village on the Roscommon Longford border, split by the River Shannon. William Chambers was an English architect who had settled in Dublin by the end...

05 March 2014

1882 – Town Hall, Downpatrick, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Quite a dour brick structure in a Gothic style. Constructed on the site of old market house and assembly rooms. Gothic. Erected for and paid for by local MP John...

13 February 2015

1882 – Tulira Castle, Co, Galway

Architect: G.C. Ashlin The Castle comprises three main buildings, a medieval tower, courtyard buildings and the Victorian Castle. The original structure, a medieval tower house, rests on 12th century foundations. A castellated house...

26 October 2012

1882 – Proposal for Belfast Central Library

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Unsuccessful entry in 1882 competition to design a new central library for Belfast. The competition was won by W.H. Lynn. Published in The Builder, February 16 1884.

16 October 2012

1883 – Antrim Castle, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell The original Antrim Castle, now a ruin, was originally built in 1613 by Sir Hugh Clotworthy and enlarged in 1662 by his son, the 1st Viscount Massereene. The Castle,...

07 March 2014

1883 – Carrollstown House, Trim, Co. Meath

Architect: John P. Davis Completed by June 1883, for P.J. Dunne, JP. “The entrance hall is beautifully laid out with encaustic tiles, and is separated from the staircase or inner hall by marble...

23 June 2014

1883 – Chapel, Schools of the Twin Sisters, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. The...

12 June 2013

1883 – City Hall, Albert Quay, Cork

Cork City Hall began its life as the City’s Corn Exchange, the main frontage of which was constructed in 1843. The location was also used by two industrial exhibitions in 1852 and 1883,...

02 November 2012

1883 – Courthouse, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Christopher J. Mulvany Selected design after an architectural competition to replace County Counthouse that had been destroyed in a fire in 1882.

Skip to toolbar