Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

29 June 2010

1885 – O’Neill’s, Pearse Street, Dublin

Fine corner Victorian public house facade with four bays to Pearse Street, and six bays to Shaw Street. The shop facade is elaborate timber design with decorative tiles and mosaics, and a glazed...

15 July 2014

1885 – Orange Hall, Clifton St., Belfast

Architect: William Batt The Hall was opened on January 27th, 1885. To mark the bi-centenary of the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688 an equestrian bronze statue, by Henry Hems of Exeter,city coat of arms...

21 October 2012

1885 – Railway Bridge, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: S.G. Frazer The bridge was erected in 1885 as part of the Farranfore to Renard railway line which was closed in 1960. It is known locally as the Metal Bridge and is...

24 September 2009

1885 – Robinson & Cleaver, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Facing City Hall on Donegall Square North, the former Robinson & Cleaver store is now subdivided up into various commercial premises. Belfast has quite a few former department store...

09 April 2014

1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the...

14 October 2010

1885 – St Finbarr’s College, Farranferris, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Designed by Robert Walker for The Most Rev Dr. Delany as a Diocesan College attached to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross. A secondary school only in its...

30 September 2009

1885 – St Louis Convent, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Large complex of building facing a small lake, started in 1859 although a convent had been in operation on this site for some years before. This complex was finally completed in 1959 when...

25 March 2014

1885 – St. Michael’s Church, Castletown Geoghegan, Co. Westmeath

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Largely constructed by 1885 of local limestone with Tullamore limestone dressings – the tower, spire, and organ gallery were later added by T.F. McNamara to O’Callaghan’s original designs. The interior...

17 September 2009

1885 – St. Saviour’s Dominican Convent, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Adjacent to the fine St Saviour’s Church by J.J McCarthy is the monastery designed by John Loftus Robinson in 1885 from the funds that was originally intended to add...