Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

12 June 2014

1887 – Presbyterian Church, Windsor, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to...

09 April 2014

1887 – Railway Station, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Aughnacloy was the head office of the Clogher Valley Railway and is the most substantial building on the line. The Clogher Valley was a 37 mile long, narrow gauge railway, opened in January...

12 July 2013

1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary

The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in...

21 June 2010

1887 – St Columb’s Hall, Richmond Street, Derry

Architect: Crome & Toye Front Perspective View, ground & 1st.floor plans as published in The Building News, July 1st 1887. The architects Crome and Toye used a mixture of Italianate and Gothic styles...

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.

02 October 2014

1887 – Trinity Presbyterian Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Built to replace an older Church which had been erected about 1770. This older Church was known as 2nd Bailieborough and is now demolished with just the graveyard remaining. The new church was...

05 November 2010

1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork...

24 September 2009

1888 – Belfast Central Library

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed by W.H. Lynn after an architectural competition held in 1882, the building was completed in 1888. A monumental red sandstone building, the Library has a fine central domed reading...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.