Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

07 May 2014

1886 – Design for Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Premiated designs for memorial to Roman Catholic Prelate Cardinal MacCabe. The competition was won by George C. Ashlin. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, July 1 1886.

25 April 2012

1886 – Design for No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The runner-up in an architectural competition to design offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. Published in The Building News, November 19th 1886.

09 June 2010

1886 – Dollard House, Wellington Quay, Dublin

Fronting onto the quays, the former Dollard’s Printworks is now offices. Sited close to the site of the original Custom House by Thomas Burgh, the design with its arched entrances and dormer windows...

05 March 2014

1886 – Downshire Schools, Hillsborough, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Funded by the Marquess of Downshire. No longer in use as a school, converted into apartments. Published in The Irish Builder, November 15 1886.

06 July 2010

1886 – Former Hospital, Jervis Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Jervis Street Hospital was a former hospital that became part of Beaumont Hospital, which was completed in 1987. The hospital was founded by six Dublin surgeons as the Charitable Infirmary...

14 February 2014

1886 – Former Post Office, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: James H. Owen Belfast’s General Post Office that stood on Royal Avenue, by James Owen of the Board of Works. It was built from Dungannon stone with a machicolated cornice and Romanesque...

10 June 2010

1886 – Malt Store, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: Robert Worthington

23 April 2014

1886 – Methodist Chapel, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Closed in 1964 and sold. “The building is faced externally with Thompson’s red pressed facing bricks. Internally the walls are finished in grey coating and the red brick window jambs...

04 March 2014

1886 – No.18 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Constructed at the corner of Sackville Place, next to the Imperial Hotel, which contained Clery’s, for George Mitchell, Esq. Finished in Ruabon Brick with Ballinasloe limestone dressings. Published in The...


Skip to toolbar