Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

13 August 2013

1890 – Competitive Design for Holy Trinity, Cork

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Competition entry to design a facade for Holy Trinity Church in Cork city. The church was started in the 1820s to designs by George Pain, with the facade and...

29 June 2010

1890 – Cottages, Caledon, Co. Tyrone

Picturesque terrace of estate cottages now sadly derelict.

21 March 2014

1890 – Danske Bank, Marcus Square, Newry

Architect: William J. Watson Originally constructed as a branch of the Belfast Banking Co., which existed until its 1970 merger to form the Northern Bank, now Danske bank. Watson’s design is a three...

21 October 2011

1890 – Dromquinna House, Kenmare, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed for Sir John Columb around 1889-90. Now run as a countryhouse hotel.

06 November 2009

1890 – Former Woodford Bourne Store, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Turning the important corner of Patrick Street into Grand Parade, the former store of Woodford Bourne is now a fastfood outlet. Over each window on the main shopfront can be...

19 February 2010

1890 – St Michael’s Church (Synod Hall), Christchurch Place, Dublin

Architect: George Edmund Street St Michael’s Church dating from the 12th Century is embedded in the Synod Hall of Christ Church Cathedral. It is not commonly known that until the restoration of Christ...

24 October 2012

1890 – St. James Church, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Constructed after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of J.J. McCarthy from 1860. The earlier church was a mixture of Early English & Decorated Gothic. As with...

23 January 2011

1890 – The Aungier House, 43 Aungier Street, Dublin

Abandoned public house on a good corner site, not too far from St Stephen’s Green. Some interesting architectural details on the street level fa├žade. Closed up since the early to mid 1980s.

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...