Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

12 July 2013

1887 – Rearcross Church, Co. Tipperary

The church was originally designed by a Swiss architect for a Wesleyan congregation as temporary structure in Northumbria and used by a mining community there. In 1887, the parish priest of Kilcomman in...

21 June 2010

1887 – St Columb’s Hall, Richmond Street, Derry

Architect: Crome & Toye Front Perspective View, ground & 1st.floor plans as published in The Building News, July 1st 1887. The architects Crome and Toye used a mixture of Italianate and Gothic styles...

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.

02 October 2014

1887 – Trinity Presbyterian Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Built to replace an older Church which had been erected about 1770. This older Church was known as 2nd Bailieborough and is now demolished with just the graveyard remaining. The new church was...

05 November 2010

1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork...

24 September 2009

1888 – Belfast Central Library

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed by W.H. Lynn after an architectural competition held in 1882, the building was completed in 1888. A monumental red sandstone building, the Library has a fine central domed reading...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.

14 December 2009

1888 – Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by George Coppinger Ashlin to upstage the recently completed church by J.J. McCarthy who was his main rival for Irish church commissions. The effigy of the cardinal is by...

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

Skip to toolbar