Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

10 June 2010

1886 – Malt Store, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: Robert Worthington

23 April 2014

1886 – Methodist Chapel, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Closed in 1964 and sold. “The building is faced externally with Thompson’s red pressed facing bricks. Internally the walls are finished in grey coating and the red brick window jambs...

14 January 2016

1886 – Methodist Church & School, Agnes St., Belfast

Architect: J.J. Phillips Church described as being ‘in classic style’ and built on site of former church of 1848 and adjoining school building. Schools completed June 1886 with the church with seating for...

15 September 2015

1886 – No. 68-70 Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: William J. Fennell “With this issue we publish a perspective of the new premises in Royal-avenue, Belfast, for Mr. George Tate, rent-agent. The building will have a frontage of 27ft., and rise...

04 March 2014

1886 – No.18 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Constructed at the corner of Sackville Place, next to the Imperial Hotel, which contained Clery’s, for George Mitchell, Esq. Finished in Ruabon Brick with Ballinasloe limestone dressings. Published in The...

10 February 2010

1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company....

26 March 2014

1886 – Parochial Hall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Phillips Figgis Irish-born architect who was articles to Alfred G. Jones before moving to London, where he had a long career. His only recorded work in Ireland is this parochial hall...

09 December 2009

1886 – Rockford, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Built as a private residence for W.R. Bruce esq, then later in use as a convent, and now subdivided into private apartments. Perspective view including ground floor plans...

03 May 2010

1886 – St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The original name of Victoria Street in Dublin’s Portobello area was Kingsland Park, which was developed from 1865 by Frederick Stokes. Some of the houses in this street remained...