Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

24 October 2012

1890 – St. James Church, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Constructed after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of J.J. McCarthy from 1860. The earlier church was a mixture of Early English & Decorated Gothic. As with...

23 January 2011

1890 – The Aungier House, 43 Aungier Street, Dublin

Abandoned public house on a good corner site, not too far from St Stephen’s Green. Some interesting architectural details on the street level fa├žade. Closed up since the early to mid 1980s.

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...

16 January 2014

1890 – Unbuilt Design for Holy Trinity, Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Competition entry to design a facade for Holy Trinity Church in Cork city by Pugin & Ashlin. The church was started in the 1820s to designs by George Pain,...

28 March 2013

1890 – William O’Brien Arcade, New Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Robert P. Gill In 1888-9, tenants of the local landlord, Arthur Smith Barry, withheld their rents in solidarity with his tenants in Co Cork. They were evicted and, under the direction of...

11 January 2013

1890s – Brady & Sons, Terenure, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sadly missing the fine ground-floor facade, this former public house is a landmark building at Terenure crossroads.

07 January 2010

1890s – Clarke’s Bar, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A fine late 19th century building and interior. The exterior is rendered with decorative window surrounds and a fine shop front. The interior with its low counters, snugs, and drawer units from a...

23 January 2012

1890s – Coyles, 8 Aungier Street, Dublin

Excellent old shopfront, showing the separation of retail and living accomodation. Once, all Dublin shopfronts were of these quality. Now wrecked, the building above it derelict. The building probably dates from the 1720s,...

27 February 2014

1890s – Denmark House, Little Denmark St., Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons Like the building, the street is now gone, demolished in 1976 to make way like some other laneways for the Ilac Shopping Centre. An early steel-frame commercial building...


Skip to toolbar