Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

28 September 2009

1890s – Former Bank, Russell St., Armagh, Co Armagh

Former Hibernian Bank building typical of many built in Irish towns in the 19th century with a ground floor banking hall with accommodation for the branch manager and his family above. Austere plain...

09 August 2013

1890s – Northern Counties Hotel, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise The Belfast and Northern Counties Railway purchased a share in the lease of the well-established Antrim Arms hotel in the 1870s. By 1883 it had formed...

19 July 2009

1890s – Post Office, 5 Usher’s Quay, Dublin

Fine post office facade on otherwise plain facade. Nice “Irish” style lettering in the signage.

09 January 2010

1890s – Waterford Castle, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Romaine-Walker A small Norman keep that was extended and “restored” in the late 19th century. An initial restoration took place in 1849, but it was English architect W.H. Romaine-Walker who extended...

21 October 2012

1891 – Allied Irish Bank, Portlaoise, Co. Laois

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Built as a branch for the Munster & Leinster Bank in redbrick with limestone dressings. It is a fine Victorian gothic building with manager`s accommodation alongside with a separate entrance.

07 April 2010

1891 – Blessington Basin, Blessington Street, Dublin

Architect: Spencer Harty Water supply to the city was proving a difficulty to the City Corporation in the later half of the eighteenth century. The City Corporation saw the completion of the canals...

29 September 2009

1891 – Church of St. Peter, Laragh, Co. Monaghan

Laragh near Broomfield, in County Monaghan is a former mill village of which little remains. In the 19th century there was a lot of activity in the flax industry in the area. Sited...

17 February 2010

1891 – D’Olier Chambers, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Built in 1891 by J.F Fuller for the Gallaher Tobacco Company out of yellow brick and terracotta. Cleverly used to turn the corner, the building is prominent with its decorative...

05 November 2009

1891 – Former Bank, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Former branch of the Provincial Bank, later merged into Allied Irish Banks.


Skip to toolbar