Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

04 December 2014

1893 – The Manse, Kilkeel, Co. Down

Architect: Maximillian Clarke Unusual Manse with two-storey octagonal tower, possibly designed by Maximillian Clarke.

25 February 2014

1893 – Thistlebank House, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Thomas Elliot Constructed as a butter and egg depot for the Scottish Co-Operative Wholesale Society – known as the Scotch Store. Fine stonework with ornate curvilinear gables. Now offices.

12 April 2012

1893 – Unbuilt adaptations to Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Incomplete scheme that added a chapel and wards to the earlier building by John Bourke of 1861. The scheme included a tower on the main block, possibly to emulate...

21 July 2015

1894 – Arkeen House, Newcastle, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt “THIS house which a short time back purchased by Mr. George G. Sloane and stands forward from the front of Bellvue Hotel, occupying a very position facing the sea, and...

07 April 2010

1894 – Arnott’s, Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Ireland’s largest single department store, and one of the biggest in Europe when it is extended into Independent House on Abbey Street. A grandiose Victorian design, the building has suffered...

20 July 2015

1894 – Baptist Church, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick

Architect: G.P. Beater After being in use for some years, the Baptist Church on O’Connell Avenue was eventually sold to the adjacent St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic community and is now used as a...

06 January 2010

1894 – Clarke Station, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: William H. Mills Built to replace a station originally designed by Sir John MacNeil around 1850, Clarke Station is situated at track level beneath the surrounding street level and is the finest...

08 August 2013

1894 – De La Salle College, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Byrne The De La Salle Brothers arrived in the city in 1870 and opened a successful primary school at Patrick Street in Waterford city. In 1887, the search began for a...

21 July 2015

1894 – Design for entrance and railings, Nelson’s Pillar, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater “The new entrance porch and enclosing railing (of which we give an illustration), have just been carried out for the trustees from designs by and under the superintendence of Mr...


Skip to toolbar