Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

12 April 2011

1894 – Former Power’s Distillery Warehouse, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Former warehouse and entrance archway for Power’s Distillery, now the National College of Art & Design.

21 April 2014

1894 – Great Northern Hotel, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The opening of the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway (E&BR) in 1868 connected Bundoran with Ireland’s growing railway network and made the town more accessible from Belfast, and Dublin. The...

17 February 2010

1894 – No.22 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan A very prominent building on the end of the triangle formed by D’Olier and Westmoreland Streets and facing right down the centre of O’Connell Street. Designed to look like a...

22 July 2015

1894 – Schools & Mission, Mill Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Methodist school and mission constructed in 1894/95 including a remodelling of a Dutch Billy. Ironically the older building has survived better, being slated for renovation, while Beater’s additions have been...

20 January 2010

1894 – St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road, Dublin

Architects: Charles Geoghegan, J.J. O’Callaghan & W.G. Doolin St Mary’s is the product of the work of several architects. In 1839 the original church on the site was constructed. In 1879, the rounded...

21 March 2013

1894 – Town Hall, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Sited on a bridge over the river, and thus straddling the two counties that Newry connects. It took two architectural competitions to decide on a design for the new town...

22 July 2015

1894 – Villas, Donaghdee, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt “THE plans of these villas were prepared for a gentleman residing in Belfast, who for many years has been an annual visitor to this watering place. They were to have...

06 January 2010

1895 – Church, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: William Hague Designed by prominent church architect William Hague, this church of 1896 is attached to an earlier convent. A cruciform plan, the tower and spire is attached to the southern transept,...

07 April 2010

1895 – Former Hospital, North Brunswick Street, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Bachelor Now in use as a district court, this is a fine former hospital building with an elaborate street frontage with corner pavilions. Like many buildings around Ireland that were...


Skip to toolbar