Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

15 March 2012

1901 – St. Silas Church, Cliftonville Road, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Roe Opened in 1901, and completing destroyed during the air raids on Belfast in 1941. According to the Irish Builder of December 1 1900, only the nave and chancel were to...

25 September 2009

1901 – Townhall, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Anthony & William Scott Designed by Anthony Scott with his son William as a competition entry in 1897, the Townhall was not completed until four years later, and cost twice its original...

15 June 2014

1901 – Unbuilt Design for Assembly Hall, Belfast

Architect: Rupert Savage “This design was awarded the first premium by the assessor, Sir Thos. Drew, R.H.A. ; but the committee declined to accept any of the designs submitted in this competition, and...

15 June 2014

1901 – Unbuilt Design for Assembly Rooms, Belfast

Architect: William Carruthers Laidlaw Third premiated design for competition, adjudicated by Sir Thomas Drew for new Presbyterian Assembley Rooms. He judged the costing conditions to be unreasonable and unachievable. William Hemstock was awarded...

06 November 2009

1902 – Beamish & Crawford Stabling, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston The former Stables for the Beamish & Crawford brewery and now an enterprise centre, this is one of the best industrial buildings in the city. The corner office is...

19 July 2010

1902 – Carnegie Library and Museum at Limerick

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Unsuccessful entry for a competition for a new public library for Limerick. This design heavily influenced the 1912 Library, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin by T.J. Byrne.

28 March 2011

1902 – Former Bank, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former branch of the Hibernian Bank, later the Bank of Ireland. The building has fine, tiling, panelling and ceiling mouldings intact. The large wooden bank counter is sadly gone.

08 February 2010

1902 – Graduates Memorial Building, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew

17 February 2010

1902 – Iveagh Markets, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks Dating from 1902, the brick and stone facade hides a large functional cast-iron galleried market hall. In operation until the 1990s its future use is now uncertain. The estimated...