Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

20 July 2015

1894 – Baptist Church, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick

Architect: G.P. Beater After being in use for some years, the Baptist Church on O’Connell Avenue was eventually sold to the adjacent St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic community and is now used as a...

06 January 2010

1894 – Clarke Station, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: William H. Mills Built to replace a station originally designed by Sir John MacNeil around 1850, Clarke Station is situated at track level beneath the surrounding street level and is the finest...

08 August 2013

1894 – De La Salle College, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Byrne The De La Salle Brothers arrived in the city in 1870 and opened a successful primary school at Patrick Street in Waterford city. In 1887, the search began for a...

21 July 2015

1894 – Design for entrance and railings, Nelson’s Pillar, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater “The new entrance porch and enclosing railing (of which we give an illustration), have just been carried out for the trustees from designs by and under the superintendence of Mr...

12 April 2011

1894 – Former Power’s Distillery Warehouse, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Former warehouse and entrance archway for Power’s Distillery, now the National College of Art & Design.

21 April 2014

1894 – Great Northern Hotel, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The opening of the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway (E&BR) in 1868 connected Bundoran with Ireland’s growing railway network and made the town more accessible from Belfast, and Dublin. The...

17 February 2010

1894 – No.22 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan A very prominent building on the end of the triangle formed by D’Olier and Westmoreland Streets and facing right down the centre of O’Connell Street. Designed to look like a...

22 July 2015

1894 – Schools & Mission, Mill Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Methodist school and mission constructed in 1894/95 including a remodelling of a Dutch Billy. Ironically the older building has survived better, being slated for renovation, while Beater’s additions have been...

20 January 2010

1894 – St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road, Dublin

Architects: Charles Geoghegan, J.J. O’Callaghan & W.G. Doolin St Mary’s is the product of the work of several architects. In 1839 the original church on the site was constructed. In 1879, the rounded...