Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

31 December 2009

1897 – Former Library, Fr. Mathew Hall, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

The old library, which was in Fr. Mathew Hall since the 1950s, has now been vacated and Keith Williams Architects have done a feasibility study for its future use as an art gallery....

17 July 2013

1897 – Former National Bank, 62-68 High Street, Belfast

Architect: William Batt The National Bank Ltd, a bank founded by Daniel O’Connell in 1835 had branches in Ireland and Britain. The Irish branches were acquired by Bank of Ireland in 1965 and...

11 February 2010

1897 – Former St. Andrew’s National Schools, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: William Hague Now a community resource centre, this fine Victorian building was constructed as boys and girls national schools in 1895-97. The five part composition has a central breakfront with decorative terracotta...

17 July 2011

1897 – Hogg and Mitchell Shirt Factory, Derry, Co. Derry

Architect: William Barker

01 April 2010

1897 – No.48 Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Corner commercial premises with large glazed areas on the side elevation (now largely blocked up). Some of the external detailing may date post-1916.

25 September 2009

1897 – Presbyterian Church, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Simple little Presbyterian church with an unusual entrance porch almost the full width of the building.

06 January 2015

1897 – Railway Station, Cultra, Co. Down

Cultra is part of the greater Belfast area and originally a stop on the Belfast, Hollywood and Bangor Railway. The BH&BR crossed the land of some wealthy landowners, whose terms included that Cultra...

02 April 2014

1897 – Railway Station, Lisburn, Co. Antrim

Architect: William H. Mills Rebuilt by Chief Engineer of the GNR William Hemingway Mills in 1897 to replace the earlier Ulster Railway building of 1839. Designed in his trademark polychromic brickwork, now emblematic...

02 April 2014

1897 – Railway Station, Lurgan, Co. Armagh

Architect: William H. Mills Originally opened in 1845 for the Ulster Railway Company, but rebuilt in the Great Northern Railway house-style in the late 1890s. William H. Mills was the Chief engineer of...

Skip to toolbar