Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

12 March 2014

1906 – Pier & Public Baths, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Public baths and pier still largely intact but derelict after being closed in recent years. The pier was elevated over the swimming areas which were separated into men and...

06 January 2016

1906 – Proposal for Carnegie Library, Derry

Architect: M.A. Robinson Unbuilt proposal for a new Carnegie Library in the Diamond on the site of the former Townhall which had been destroyed in a fire.

17 February 2010

1906 – RIAC, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Built in 1906 with further extension work in 1911 by the same architects.

13 January 2016

1906 – School, Church Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Moynan & Gill Small school with adjoining teacher’s residence by Nenagh-based architecture and engineering partnership.

02 January 2013

1906 – St. Eunan’s College, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: T.F. McNamara Odd castle-like school by T.F. McNamara, who had recently completed Hague’s cathedral in the town, when he was cmomissioned. Four circular towers, some conical, some castellated, provide the school with...

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

06 March 2013

1906 – St. Matthew’s Church, Ballymahon, Co. Longford

Architect: T.F. McNamara Designed by T.F. McNamara of Hague & McNamara, with the foundation stone laid in 1903. A cruciform plan with attached tower and spire. The interior has stained glass by Mayer...

19 March 2014

1906 – Suir Railway Bridge, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker Dismantled railway bridge crossing the Suir outside Waterford, between counties Waterford and Kilkenny. Built in 1906 on the Mallow/Waterford line with 9 spans, for a total 1205 ft in...

31 December 2009

1906 – Templetown Church, Co. Wexford

Architect: Michael Power Templetown has received its name from the Kinights Templar, a brotherhood of monastic warriors originating during the crusades in the Holy Land. When the Anglo-Normans under Strongbow added Ireland to...

22 March 2012

1907 – Bank of Ireland, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.