Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

15 October 2014

1903 – Armagh & District Co-operative Society, Armagh

Architect: Henry C. Parkinson Fine commercial building on a corner site adjoining the Northern Bank – now demolished and replaced by a larger, modern building which attempts to replicate some elements of the...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

24 September 2009

1903 – Fiddes Todd & Curry Warehouse, Belfast

Architect: Henry Hobart Built as a linen warehouse for Fiddes Todd & Curry at Nos. 51-59 Adelaide Street. Five Storey red brick warehouse with dramatic roofline of pedimented dormers and corner chimney stacks,...

16 February 2010

1903 – Library, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Small library building run by Dublin Corporation now completely surrounded by the buildings of the Institute of Technology. A simple building of orange-red coloured brick, the roof is surmounted by...

28 January 2010

1903 – Malahide Railway Station, Co. Dublin

Architect: William H. Mills Designed in a similar style to other stations on this line notably Dundalk and Drogheda, Malahide Station is a wonderful small building in polychromic brick and with an excellent...

01 September 2013

1903 – Mary Immaculate College, Limerick

Architect: W.H. Byrne The College was established as a dedicated primary teacher training college in 1898 by Bishop Edward Thomas O’Dwyer, Roman Catholic Bishop of Limerick and the Sisters of Mercy. Its foundation...

17 September 2009

1903 – Ocean & Accident & Gaurantee Corporation, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie One of the great commercial buildings on Donegall Square and built between 1899-1902 in a Gothic Revival style. The building in red sandstone has a tall pinnacled corner tower...

07 October 2012

1903 – Presbyterian Church, Convoy, Co. Donegal

Architect: John McIntyre Built to replace a church of the 1780s, McIntyre ‘took the design from Vincent Craig’s First Presbyterian Church at Omagh’.

13 June 2014

1903 – Royal Archway, Wellington Place, Belfast

A triumphal arch at Wellington Place, Belfast, erected by the Linen Industry in honour of a visit by King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.