Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

22 January 2013

18th C. – Newlands House, Newlands Cross, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

A large nine bay, two-storey over basement house with single-bay substantial pavilions to each end. The house and demense changed hands many times over the years. In 1776, the demesne was purchased by...

07 January 2010

18th C. – Nos. 23-24 St Lawrence Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Fine pair of mid eighteenth century houses. Recently cleaned and restored, the buildings lack their original glazing bars. The gable end to No. 24 to Palace Street is of rubble stone.

24 September 2009

1900 – Bank Buildings, Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: W.H. Lynn A large cast iron structure clad in red Dumfries stone, this is one of the most impressive of the Belfast commercial buildings of the turn of the century. Designed by...

30 September 2009

1900 – Churches, St. Davnet’s Hospital, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Hague & McNamara In the grounds of St. Davnet’s Hospital are two small churches, one for the Catholic faith and the other Church of Ireland. Designed by Hague & McNamara, the practice...

15 June 2010

1900 – Esplanade Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James J. Farrall Remodelled in 1900 ‘on modern lines as a station hotel’. Originally may have been designed by George Wilkinson. The building is constructed in red brick with the ground floor...

30 September 2009

1900 – First Presbyterian Church, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Roome & Boag Incomplete, this church in Old Cross Square was intended to have a tall slender spire. It is a pity that this never occurred as it would have improved the...

30 September 2009

1900 – Former Provincial Bank, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Clarke Fine stone and brick Georgian house of around 1830 with later banking hall adjoining added around 1900. Now unused as a bank, the banking hall has a toplit central space...

02 June 2011

1900 – Harland & Wolff Drawing Office, Belfast, Co. Antrim

With a long sandstone elevation to the street, this three-storey office block was built in stages between 1900-1919. The building was the administration and drawing office centre for the Harland & Wolff shipyard....

20 January 2010

1900 – Hibernian Hotel, Eastmoreland Place, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed as the nurses’ home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital on nearby Baggot Street, this is now a hotel. It was designed by the same architect as the...

Skip to toolbar