Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

04 March 2013

1903 – St. Paul’s School, Herbert Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: J.F. Fuller School for the Church of Ireland, now demolished and a surface carpark.

23 October 2012

1903 – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Pavilion and pleasure grounds incorporating concert hall, sun lounge, and tea rooms. Originally constructed in 1904, but rebuilt in 1916 after a fire the previous year. Later pulled down...

21 November 2014

1903 – The Smiley Cottage Hospital, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Nicholas Fitzsimons Constructed on a site provided by Sir Hugh .H. Smiley, who also paid for the construction of the building. He may have regretted this as the estimated cost was £5,000...

27 March 2012

1904 – Abbey Theatre, Dublin

Architect: Joseph Holloway The Abbey first opened its doors to the public on 27 December 1904 in the former Mechanics’ Hall, also known as the Hibernian Theatre of Varieties. Prior to opening as...

12 June 2012

1904 – Fastnet Lighthouse, Co. Cork

Architect: William Douglass The second lighthouse on Fastnet Rock was designed by William Douglass and built under the supervision of James Kavanagh. Construction started in 1897 with the levelling of the site, and...

17 February 2010

1904 – Former Bank, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn Fabulous over-the-top facade with polished marble columns spanning two floors over a heavy sandstone ground floor. Constructed for the Royal Bank of Ireland.

02 February 2010

1904 – Former School, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller In use for many years as a gospel hall, the congregation moved here from the more elaborate Merrion Hall in the city centre. Formerly the St. Matthew’s National Schools, built...

19 February 2010

1904 – Fusilier’s Arch, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A war memorial to the dead of the Dublin Fusiliers, this is regarded as the main entrance to the park of Stephen’s Green. The names of the dead are...

27 June 2012

1904 – Irish Village, St. Louis World’s Fair

The Irish Village was a very popular part of the 1904 St. Louis Worlds Fair. Opened on May 3, it cost 25¢ adult admission (children 15¢, Industrial Exhibit 15¢). Built by the Irish...