Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

19 February 2010

1901 – Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor The ‘Eye and Ear’ as it is known opened in 1901 in a Queen Anne inspired symmetrical design by Carroll & Batchelor. Internally the circulation spaces were skimped on...

31 December 2009

1901 – Sligo Post Office, Co. Sligo

Architect: Board of Works A fine post office with shallow, bow-fronted end bays with beautiful banded brick. Above the pedimented doorway inscriptions read ‘ Post Office’ and E 1901 R’. The handsome red...

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

15 March 2012

1901 – St. Silas Church, Cliftonville Road, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Roe Opened in 1901, and completing destroyed during the air raids on Belfast in 1941. According to the Irish Builder of December 1 1900, only the nave and chancel were to...

20 May 2015

1901 – Temperance Hotel, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Originally opened as a Temperance Hotel at the railway excursion resort of Whitehead. Later known as Sunshine House, now a much altered private residence.

25 September 2009

1901 – Townhall, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Anthony & William Scott Designed by Anthony Scott with his son William as a competition entry in 1897, the Townhall was not completed until four years later, and cost twice its original...

06 November 2009

1902 – Beamish & Crawford Stabling, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston The former Stables for the Beamish & Crawford brewery and now an enterprise centre, this is one of the best industrial buildings in the city. The corner office is...


Skip to toolbar