Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

30 September 2009

1907 – Post Office, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Robert Cochrane Twentieth century post office with attractively curved windows to the public office. Fairly standard brick with stone trimmings treatment commonly used on post office buildings of this period in Ireland.

09 July 2013

1907 – Royal Hippodrome Theatre, Belfast

Architect: Bertie Crewe The Royal Hippodrome Theatre was constructed beside the Grand Opera House in 1908-07. Later renovated in the 1960s as a Odeon cinema, it lost much of its original architectural detail....

09 June 2010

1907 – South Hailing Station, Britain Quay, Dublin

Smaller but similar to other towers near Alexandra Basin in the north docks, this little structure stood on the corner of the main Liffey waterway and the entrance to Grand Canal Docks. The...

17 September 2009

1907 – Warehouse, Library Street, Belfast

Architect: William J. Fennell Built as Library House for Robert Watson & Co, a firm of cabinet makers and upholsterers. The building has a dramatic round turret, largely glazed at ground and first...

05 June 2012

1907 – Warehouses, Sheriff Street, Dublin

Range of warehouses for the Merchants Warehousing Co. on Sheriff Street. Now demolished.

23 September 2009

1908 – Church of The Sacred Heart, Castletown Berehaven, Co. Cork

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Fine imposing building looking down Pearse Square from Patrick Street. Has changed little from old postcards yet seems strangely unloved and uncared for. Rebuilt in 1908 after a fire.

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Unusually designed buildings along Pearse Square dating from 1908 which show some Art Nouveau influences yet with the incredibly narrow facades resemble buildings from Amsterdam canal-banks.

19 February 2010

1908 – Facade of Presbyterian Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy Although the architect of the building is unknown, it is known that the dramatic fa├žade was designed by H.J. Lundy in 1908. Unfortunately that is all that remains of this...